UTICA, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's basketball team lost on the road to Utica College on Tuesday night 83-94. The Wildcats shot better than the Pioneers from the field in the game (55.6% to 50.9%) but turned the ball over more, had less rebounds, and shot worse from the free throw line (59.3% to 73%). The loss is their second of the season.
- Redell Freeman (Rochester, N.Y.) scores a game high 21 points for the Wildcats. He played 30 minutes off the bench and shot just shy of 50% from the field. Freeman also had six assists, five rebounds, and two steals in the game.
- Jaylin Gray (Brooklyn, N.Y.) scored a career high 19 points for the Wildcats. The sophomore went 7-11 from the floor and had an assist and two rebounds.
- Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.) scored 17 points. He shot 2-3 from three-point range and had a team high seven rebounds. Gregory is currently leading the Wildcats with 66 points through three games.
- Transfer Tyshaun Cooper (Brooklyn, N.Y.) had his best scoring output in a Wildcat uniform on Tuesday. The junior forward scored 10 points and pulled down four rebounds. He shot 83% from the field.
- For Utica, six players scored in double digits. Avery Coston led the Pioneers with 18 points on 6-9 shooting from the field. He hit three 3-pointers in the game.
- Kobe Lufkin provided a solid spark off the bench for Utica. He scored 15 points in 20 minutes.
- Shawn Gashi scored 14 points in the game.
- Justin Strielkauskas led all players with 11 rebounds in the game to go along with 11 points.
The Wildcats will have just over a week to regroup. The 'Cats have a week to prepare for their first North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game of the season against Cazenovia. The game is scheduled for a 7:00 PM tip-off on Wednesday, November 28th. The game will be played at SUNY Poly's Campus Center Gym.