MARCY, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly women's soccer team hosted a pair of North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) games this weekend against Penn State Abington and St. Elizabeth. The Wildcats won both games, beating Abington 3-2 and St. Elizabeth 6-1. The Wildcats are now 3-13-1 this season.
PENN ST. ABINGTON
The Wildcats and the Nittany Lions battled back in fourth for the entire game, trading goals and ending up tied with under a minute left in the game. In the 89th minute, junior Shannon Harrison (Holland Patent, N.Y.) scored what would be the game winner off a cross from Chloe Smith (Newport, N.Y.).
- Shannon Harrison scored two goals for the Wildcats bringing her season total to four.
- Nakeya Stedman (Sauquoit, N.Y.) scored a goal in the 33rd minute. Jenna Rogers (Turin, N.Y.) was credited with the assist, it was her second of the season.
- Alysia Thomas (Greenville, N.Y.) earned the win in goal, bringing her season record to 2-8-1. She made one save and allowed one goal in 31 minutes played.
- Chloe Smith (Newport, N.Y.) recorded her first assist of the season on the game winner by Harrison.
The Wildcats earned their third NEAC win of the season on Sunday. The game was a landslide victory for the Wildcats who celebrated senior day prior to the game. The 'Cats scored four goals in the first half and two in the second half. Both of the Wildcats seniors scored in the game.
- Maggie Matson (Coxsackie, N.Y.) scored her first career goal in the game. Her goal was the first of the game for the Wildcats and was a penalty kick that Matson drilled into the lower left.
- Nakeya Stedman scored two goals in the game. The senior gave the Wildcats the lead in the 21st minute and extended the Wildcats lead to 4-1 in the 27th minute.
- Chloe Smith scored her first career goal in the game. The freshman scored the Wildcats third goal in the 23rd minute off a nive assist by Adrianna Marcolin (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.). Marcolin finished the game with two assists.
- Jenna Rogers scored an unassisted goal in the game. It was her second goal of the season.
- Shannon Harrison Rounded out the scoring for the Wildcats in the 77th minute. The junior now has six points this season.
The Wildcats will host their final home game of the season on Tuesday, October 23rd against SUNY Delhi. The game is scheduled for a 6:00 PM start at SUNY Poly's Wildcat Field.