BUFFALO, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's lacrosse team earned its first win of the 2019 season on Saturday 20-16 over D'Youville College. The Wildcats were down 3-1 in the first 10 minutes of play but went on a 6-1 run to end the first half to take a three goal lead into halftime. The second half was a tight battle. The Wildcats jumped out to a commanding 20-12 lead with just seven minutes left in regulation, but a four goal run by the Spartans kept things interesting. The win was the Wildcats first North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win of the season.
- Kayla Prosinski () had a game high nine points for the Wildcats. The nine points helped her to surpass the 150 point mark, becoming just the third Wildcat in the history of the program to do so. She scored seven goals in the game and had two assists. Prosinski also had a game high eight draw controls and six groundballs.
- Emily Somes () had seven points on six goals and an assist. Both the seven points and six goal are a season high for Somes. She also had a game high seven ground balls, and had a game high 13 shots on goal.
- Alycia Lugo (Wappingers Falls) earned her first career win in goal for the Wildcats. She made a season high 11 saves in 60 minutes played.
- Samantha Dayter (Cohoes, N.Y.) scored a career high five goals in the win. The first year Wildcat put seven of her eight shots on goal, had five draw controls, and six ground balls.
- Jennifer Maxam (Clinton, N.Y.) had three points for the Wildcats. The senior had a goal and two assists.
- Riley Reidel led the way for the Spartans. She had a team high five points on four goals and an assist.
- Three players had four points in the game for D'Youville. Sierra Brooks had four goals. Tiff Cristofanelli and Marissa Markott both had two goals and two assists.
- Megan Dulniak was tagged with the loss in goal. She made 17 saves.
The Wildcats will take on the Houghton College Highlanders on Tuesday on the road. The game is scheduled for a 7:00 PM start.