MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's lacrosse team lost to Utica College on Monday 19-7 in the Wildcat's home opener. The Utica Pioneers got off to a hot start, jumping out to an early 4-0 lead before the Wildcats scored their first goal. The Wildcats would score two in the first half to cut the lead to two goals, but the Pioneers scored 13 unanswered goals to take a commanding lead. The Wildcats did not give up the fight. They scored five of the last seven goals in the game.
- Kayla Prosinski (Endwell, N.Y.) scored a team high four points on three goals and an assist. She also had a game high nine ground balls, four caused turnovers, and a team high three draw controls.
- Emily Somes (Elbridge, N.Y.) scored three goals for the Wildcats. She also had four caused turnovers and two ground balls.
- Kaley Pichura (Syracuse, N.Y.) scored the Wildcats only other goal.
- Jenny Maxam (Clinton, N.Y.) had an assist, three caused turnovers, and three ground balls.
- Lexi Scaccia, Kaitlynn Palmer, and Kaitlyn Scarpinella each had four points for Utica.
- Utica dominated in the draw circle, winning 22 of 27 draws. Lexi Scaccia had a game high seven draw controls and eight ground balls.
The Wildcats will travel to D'Youville to take on the Spartans. The game is scheduled for a 1:00 PM start on Saturday, March 23rd.