MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's lacrosse team (2-1) battled it out for a 12-7 win over the Highlanders of Houghton College (0-3).
The Wildcats of SUNY Poly battled aggressivley at home this past Saturday. The game started out tic for tac as each team scored early in the first half. A late first half goal by Jennifer Maxam (Clinton, N.Y.) gave the Wildcats a 4-2 lead at the half. The Wildcats offense continued to progress with each minute that passed, finsihg the game with a total of 12 goals to Highlander's 7 earning their second win in as many games.
- Kayla Prosinski (Endwell, N.Y.) had six points with five goals and one assist. The 6 points gives her 20 points on the season.
- Mari Ames (Carthage, N.Y.) had six points with 2 goals and four assists. The senior now has 18 points for the season and 215 for her carreer.
- Megan Will (Remsen, N.Y.) finished with 20 saves in goal for the Wildcats earning her second win of the season.
- Kristen Deuel (Whitesboro, N.Y.) had a team high eight groundballs in the game. She also netted three goals and had three caused turnovers.
- Jennifer Maxam finished the game with two goals, four groundballs, and two caused turnovers.
- Alyssa Strom had four points for the Highlanders with two goals and two assists.
- Marissa Hews finished with a team high three goals for the Highlanders.
The Wildcats will host their first conference game against the Mavericks of Medaille College. The game is scheduled for Saturday March 24th. The game will start at 1:00pm at SUNY Poly's Wildcat Field.