Marcy, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly women's lacrosse team (0-1) fell to the Bears of SUNY Potsdam (2-3) in their 2018 season home opener.
The Wildcats hosted the Bears of SUNY Potsdam in their home opener. The Bears offense started strong, finding their first two goals early in the first half. SUNY Poly's first goal of the game was scored by junior Kristen Duel (Whitesboro, N.Y.), assisted by Kayla Prosinski (Endwell, N.Y.) in the 25th minute. Prosinski followed her assist up with an unassited goal later in the half.The strong Bears offense took control of the game scoring 8 more goals to end first half.
The Bears continued their strong offensive push in the second half, finshing wth 19 goals total. Mari Ames (Carthage, N.Y.) found the back of the net twice for the Wildcats. Duel scored again for the Wildcats who finished the game with 5 goals.
- Kayla Prosinski had a team high five points on one goal and four assists.
- Mari Ames scored two goals.
- Kristen Duel scored two goals.
- Freshman Hannah Garramore had twelve saves in the season home opener.
- Cayla O'Connor had a game high of seven points with three goals and four assists for the Bears.
- Rachael Huntley had five points for Potsdam. She scored three goals and had two assists.
The Wildcats will host the Saxons of Alfred State on Monday, March 12. The game is scheduled for a 4:00 pm start.