AURORA, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team took down Wells College on Saturday in blowout fashion, 92-48. The Wildcats shot 57% from the field, and knocked down 12 three pointers in the game. Five players scored in the double digits, leading to the Wildcats largest offensive showing of the season.
Despite having the best North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) record (15-1), the Wildcats came into the game needing to beat the Express by a large margin to keep their hopes of hosting the NEAC Championships alive while needing Keuka to lose or win in a close game with Morrisville. The Wildcats delivered, beating the Express by a margin of 44 points, but the Wolves of Keuka also earned a win in large fashion. The Wildcats were given the #2 seed based on a tie breaker with Keuka (14-2 NEAC) that does not take overall record against NEAC opponents into account. Rather, the NEAC bases the seeding only on record against North Division opponents, and breaks ties on margin of victory in North Division games. The Wildcats will now host a NEAC Quarterfinal game on Tuesday at the Campus Center Gym against Morrisville State. The Wildcats also were not named the NEAC Regular Season Champions despite having the best overall record in the NEAC at 15-1, the Championship trophy instead goes to Keuka who had one more loss than the Wildcats in NEAC play this season.
- Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) had a game high 24 points to round out her first season as a Wildcat. The freshman also had three assists and five rebounds.
- Cassidy Albright (New York Mills, N.Y.) scored 14 points, shooting 50% from the field. Albright drained three shots from behind the arc and had a game high eight rebounds.
- Samantha Dayter (Cohoes, N.Y.) and Rylie Smith (St. Johnsville, N.Y.) had 13 points each. Dayter had two rebounds and three steals. Smith had two assists and three rebounds.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) rounded out the notable scoring performances with 11 points. She also had seven rebounds and three assists.
- Carley Ryan led the Express with 20 points in the game.
- Shelby Medovich had 16 points, three rebounds, two steals, and an assists.
The Wildcats will take on Morrisville State in a NEAC Quarterfinal Game on Tuesday, February 19th at 6:00 PM. The Wildcats went 2-0 against the Mustangs in the regular season, beating them by 17 points in December and 13 points in January.