MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team extended their winning streak to 11 games on Wednesday in a 75-41 win over North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opponent Cobleskill. The Wildcats had the advantage from the jump, playing great team defense and shooting at a 47% clip from the field. The Wildcats never gave up the lead, growing their it to a season high 43 points with 6:22 remaining in the game.
- Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) had a game high 17 points in the win. The freshman shot seven of 12 from the field and hit three of four from behind the three-point line. Burdick was just one rebound shy of recording her fourth double-double of the season. The 17 points puts her season total at 386.
- Taylor Aybar (Woodside, N.Y.) scored 14 in the game. She shot 86% from the field and had three steals.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) had nine points for the 'Cats. All nine of her points came from behind the arc where she hit three of five shots. Leos also had a game high five assists.
- Samantha Dayter (Cohoes, N.Y.) scored eight points, pulled down six rebounds, and had an assist.
- Jaida Washington (Elmira, N.Y.) scored seven points, had four rebounds, and two assists in 16 minutes for the Wildcats.
- Stacey Sprague had a team high 13 points for Cobleskill in 20 minutes off the bench. She shot 83% from the field and had six rebounds.
- Kristena Westerfeld had 11 points for Cobleskill. She also had a steal and four rebounds.
The Wildcats will wrap up their 2018-19 regular season on Saturday with a road game at Wells College. The game is scheduled for a 1:00 PM tip-off. The last time these two teams met, the Wildcats came away with a 66-41 win.