CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team improved to 7-1 in NEAC conference play on Friday with a seven point win over Cazenovia. The game was tight through the first two quarters, with SUNY Poly trailing by three. The Wildcats would turn up the heat in the third and fourth quarter, outscoring Cazenovia down the stretch to earn the win 68-61. Five Wildcats scored in the double digits in the game.
- Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) had 14 points in the game for the Wildcats. She also had seven rebounds, three assists, three steals, and two blocks.
- Rylie Smith (St. Johnsville, N.Y.) also had 14 points for SUNY Poly. Smith also had eight rebounds, a pair of assists, and a steal.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) had 13 points for the Wildcats.
- Samantha Dayter (Cohoes, N.Y.) and Shannon Harrison (Holland Patent, N.Y.) rounded out the double digit scoring for the Wildcats with 10 points each.
- Danielle Calvana scored a team high 15 points for Cazenovia.
- Morgan DeLand and Sydney Smith had 12 and 11 points respectively for Cazenovia.
The wildcats will take on Morrisville State in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game. The game will take place on Wednesday, January 23rd at 5:00 PM. The last meeting between these two teams was a win for SUNY poly 86-69.