MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team improved to 11-5 this season with a win over Wells College on Wednesday night. The 'Cats had the edge right from the start, jumping out to an early double digit lead in the first quarter. SUNY Poly would hold the lead for the duration, growing it to 27 points at its highest point. SUNY Poly is now 4-1 in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) divisional play with a 6-1 overall conference record.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) led the Wildcats with 14 points. She hit four three pointers, had three rebounds and three assists. Leos has now scored 277 points this season. She is nearing the 1,000 point mark, having scored 910 points in her career for the Wildcats.
- Taylor Aybar (Woodside, N.Y.) was the only other Wildcat with a double digit scoring total. She scored 11 points, had a team high seven rebounds, two assists and a game high four steals.
- Every active player on the Wildcat roster scored in the game. Samantha Humiston (Argyle, N.Y.) scored her first career basket for the Wildcats.
- Carley Ryan and Shelby Medovich led the way for the Wells Express with 19 and 10 points respectively.
- Maritza Scharoun had a game high 10 rebounds for Wells.
The Wildcats will hit the road to take on NEAC north division rival Cazenovia on Friday, January 18th. The game is scheduled for a 5:00 PM tip-off. This is the second meeting between the two teams this season. SUNY Poly took game one 75-52.