COBLESKILL, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team traveled to Cobleskill on Tuesday night to play their third North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game of the season. The Wildcats kept their undefeated NEAC record, improving to 3-0 with a 82-56 win over the Fighting Tigers.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
The Wildcats played a solid first half, scoring 40 points and shooting 45% from the field. The freshman duo of Samantha Dayter (Cohoes, N.Y.) and Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) led the way for the Wildcats with 11 and 10 points respectively. Cobleskill's Stacey Sprague had a solid half, leading the Fighting Tigers with 11 points on 5-6 shooting from the floor.
In the second half, the Wildcats continued to pour in the buckets. Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) had 10 points in the second half to finish her night tied for a game high 18 points with Molly Burdick. Gabby Muraczewski led the Fighting Tigers with 16 points, shooting 80% from the field.
- Molly Burdick finished the game with 18 points and eight rebounds. She also dished out three assists, had two steals, and a block. She shot 52% from the field.
- Kiersten Leos shot 64% from the field (7-11) and hit four three pointers. She finished the game with 18 points, three steals, and three assists.
- Samantha Dayter had a career high 13 points in the game with three assists and three steals.
- Rylie Smith (St. Johnsville, N.Y.) had another great game for the 'Cats. She scored 15 points, knocking down three 3-pointers, and had a rebound.
- Gabby Muraczewski led the Fighting Tigers with 16 points and four rebounds.
- Stacey Sprague had 15 points for Cobleskill. She went 7-9 from the field and had a game high 11 rebounds.
The Wildcats will be at Utica on Saturday, December 8th. The game is scheduled for a 2:00 PM tip-off at Utica's Clark Gymnasium.