MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly women's basketball team improved to 2-0 in North Eastern Athletic Conference Play on Saturday with an 86-69 win over North Division rival Morrisville St. The Wildcats took the lead in the first half and never looked back. The Wildcats outscored the Mustangs in every quarter with the largest margin being in the fourth (21-15)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
The Wildcats out played the Mustangs in just about every facet of the game. The Wildcats had an especially large advantage in rebounds (48-30), three-pointers made (17-9), and assists (26-8). The Wildcats shot 43% from the field as a team and 46% from beyond the arc.
Rylie Smith (St. Johnsville, N.Y.) had best offensive game of her Wildcat Career. The senior scored a career high 25 points in 30 minutes off the bench. Her six three pointers were a career high for her and a season high for the Wildcats. She also had four rebounds and a season high four assists.
- Molly Burdick (Vestal, N.Y.) had her second consecutive 20 point game of the season. The first year Wildcat shot 50% from the field and pulled down seven rebounds.
- Kiersten Leos (Camden, N.Y.) scored 15 points for the Wildcats in the win. The junior knocked down four of nine from three point range and dished out five assists.
- Samantha Dayter (Cohoes, N.Y.) had a team high eight rebounds in the game marking her third straight eight rebound game. She also scored four points and had five assists.
- Tori Rockafeller had a team high 19 points for Morrisville. She shot 40% from the field.
- Miranda Wright had a team high eight rebounds for Morrisville.
- The mustangs had four players with double-digit points totals.
The Wildcats will travel to NEAC North Division foe Cobleskill on Tuesday, December 4th. The game is scheduled for a 5:00 PM tip-off. The last meeting between the two teams was a 67-54 win for the Wildcats in January of last year.