CLINTON, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's cross country team placed fifth on Saturday in the Hamilton College Invitational. Noah Valvo who ran the 8K in 28:46.7 led SUNY Poly. The Wildcats had a team score of 124 and had all five of their placing runners finish in the top 50.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Noah Valvo (Town of Wright, N.Y.) covered the 8k course in 28:46.7. He finished 19th overall and had a mile pace of 5:44.
- Christopher Bouchard (Latham, N.Y.) finished 25th in the race. He was the second fastest Wildcat with a time of 29:25.5.
- Andrew Pfeifer (Lagrangeville, N.Y.), Jonathan Miller (Oneonta, N.Y.), and Garrett Jones(New Hartford, N.Y.) rounded out the scoring for the Wildcats. They placed 29th, 34th, and 35th respectively.
- Host Hamilton College won the race with a team score of 28. Their top runner finished the race in 2nd with a time of 26:24.5.
- Le Moyne's Chris Davitt won the men's race with a time of 26:02.0. He finished 22 seconds faster than the second place finisher.
Hamilton College Invitational
Hosted by Hamilton College
115 Runners / 11 Teams
SUNY POLY FINISHERS:
19. Noah Valvo - 28:46.7
25. Christopher Bouchard - 29:25.5
29. Andrew Pfeifer - 29:37.5
34. Jonathan Miller - 30:06.6
35. Garret Jones - 30:09.1
40. Joseph Killian - 30:26.2
54. Jesse Chain - 31:40.6
55. Derek Smith - 31:40.6
56. Ian Kurzrock - 31:40.7
61. William Grady - 32:04.0
71. Justin Schownfield - 32:49.0
87. Starlin Nunez-Ash - 34:22.1
96. Matthew Gallimo - 35:31.0
99. Ryan Fitzgerald - 35:44.5
102. Zachary Ropeter - 36:46.9
103. Nick Markessinis - 36:55.7
108. Joshua Blake - 39:49.1
SUNY Poly will have an off weekend next week, but will return on October 20th to compete at Hamilton College again in the Hamilton Short Course Invitational. The race is scheduled for an 11:00 AM start.