MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's volleyball team won their fourth NEAC game of the season on Wednesday night over Keuka College. The Wildcats won in straight sets 25-14, 25-22, 27-25. Wildcat libero Brian Malsan (Slingerlands, N.Y.) had a career milestone in the match becoming the all-time leader in career digs at SUNY Poly. The Wildcats had a fantastic day on the attack. Three players had 10 kills and all hit over .200.
SUNY Poly libero Brian Malsan entered Wednesday's match just two digs shy of tying the all-time digs record of 785 digs set in 2010 by Justin Rich. Malsan both tied and surpassed the record in the first set, during the same rally. Malsan recorded a team high nine digs in the match, bringing the record holders all-time number to 792.
- Brian Malsan recorded a team high nine digs in the match. He also had an assist.
- Connor Schultz (Lancaster, N.Y.) had a big day on the attack. The junior hit .444 in the match recording 10 kills on 18 swings. He also had two block assists.
- Donovan Suguitan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) also had 10 kills in the match. He hit .273 on 22 swings and had five digs.
- Max Szuba (Irondequoit, N.Y.) rounded out the 10 kill club for the Wildcats. The senior had four digs and a block assist.
- The two Wildcat middles played a solid game combining for six block assists. Garrett Hassard (Oneonta, N.Y.) had eight kills, a dig and two block assists. Matthew Russo (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) had a match high four block assists, a match high two service aces, and had four kills.
- Piotr Kasza (Queens, N.Y.) had a match high 40 assists. He also had eight digs, the lone solo block for the Wildcats, and two block assists.
- Keuka's Gavin Record had a team high 10 kills for the Wolves.
- Seth Walker had nine digs for Keuka, a team high.
- Kamren Record had 28 assists for the Wolves.
The Wildcats will hit the road on the 10th of March to play Wentworth and Mt. St. Vincent at Mt. St. Vincent. The Wildcats match with Wentworth is scheduled for 1:00 PM on the 10th. The game against Mt. St. Vincent is scheduled for 3:00 PM.