KEUKA PARK, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's volleyball team (6-13) improved to 1-1 in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play on Saturday with a 3-1 win over Keuka 25-11, 25-22, 22-25, 25-16.
The Wildcats got off to a good start in the match with two wins in the first two sets. Despite the Wildcats hitting .500 as a team in the third set, the Wolves took set number three 25-22. The Wildcats closed out the match in the fourth set in convincing fashion 25-16. In the match, the Wildcats hit .337 as a team and out served the Wolves nine aces to three.
- Max Szuba (Irondequoit, N.Y.) had a match high 17 kills on 28 swings. He hit .500 in the match and had a service ace and five digs. Szuba leads the Wildcats with 153 kills this season.
- Freshman Donovan Suguitan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) had 14 kills, two digs, and a block assist in the match.
- Ryan Gloff (Brockport, N.Y.) hit .500 on 20 swings with 11 kills. He also had a match high five service aces, a block solo, and a block assist.
- Brian Malsan (Slingerlands, N.Y.) had a match hig nine digs and an assist.
- Zach Goggin (Feeding Hills, Mass.) had 40 assists in the win. His career total is now 3,140.
- Connor Gail had a team high 14 kills for Keuka. Gail also had a team high eight digs.
- Alex Riley had 11 kills on 19 attempts for the Wolves.
- Setter Chris Corcoran had 33 assists in the match.
The Wildcats will face the Medaille Mavericks in a NEAC match tomorrow, March 18th. The match is set for a 1:00 PM start in Buffalo, N.Y.