MARCY, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's soccer team hosted Alfred State on Wednesday in a non-conference matchup which saw the two teams play to a 2-2 draw in double overtime. The tie, SUNY Poly's third of the season, was the Wildcats third consecutive double overtime game this season. The tie brings the Wildcats record to 2-0-3 on the year.
Trailing 2-1 in the 71st minute, Evan Chaires (Sherrill, N.Y.) crossed a ball in from the left to a cutting Jamar Gayle (Kingston, Jamaica) who netted his second goal of the season to force overtime. Neither team could break the stalemate in the overtime periods, thus ending the game in a draw.
- Rajiv Lama (Bauda, Nepal) scored his second goal of the season in the second minute of the game.
- Jamar Gayle scored his second goal of the season for the Wildcats in the 71st minute.
- Benjamin Alonge (Elmont, N.Y.) recorded an assist in the game. He now has a team best 11 points this season which is tied for third highest in the NEAC.
- Evan Chaires recorded his second assist of the season on the game tying goal in the 71st minute.
- Nathan Laughlin (Cohoes, N.Y.) made seven saves in goal for the Wildcats. He is now 2-0-3 on the season and has 23 saves this season.
- Albert Senyah and Justus Hoffmann scored the goals for Alfred State. Hoffman also recorded an assist in the game.
- Nico Coria made four saves on six shots faced for Alfred State. He is now 1-5-1 on the year.
The Wildcats will host Cazenovia on Saturday, September 22nd at SUNY Poly's Wildcat Field. The game is scheduled for a 2:00 PM start. The game takes place right in the middle of SUNY Poly's Wildcat Weekend festivities.