MARCY, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's lacrosse team took on Wells on Wednesday night in a North Eastern Athletic Conference matchup. The Wildcats took control of the game right off the bat taking a 4-1 lead in the first quarter. It was all smooth sailing from there with the Wildcats extending their lead and ultimately winning the game 11-5.
After allowing Wells to score the first goal of the game in just under a minute, the Wildcats rattled off five unanswered goals to take the lead into the second quarter. Wells would score two in the second to bring the score within two goals, but Poly answered with two goals to close out the half. The Wildcats outscored Wells 4-2 down the stretch to lock in the win.
- Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) had a game high five points on three goals and two assists. He currently leads the Wildcats with 42 points which is sixth in the NEAC.
- Ryan Mead (Churchville, N.Y.) scored a career high three goals in the game. He also went 2-4 on faceoffs and picked up a groundball.
- Charles Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) also scored three goals for the Wildcats. Rosaschi also scooped up four groundballs.
- Devin Roes (Lowville, N.Y.) had two points on a goal and an assist. His season points total is now 25.
- Tyler Schmitz (Eden, N.Y.) had two assists for the Wildcats. The freshman also had three caused turnovers and six groundballs in the game.
- Ryan Daucher (Geneva, N.Y.) had three caused turnovers and five groundballs.
- Braxton Evans-Murphy (Auburn, N.Y.) scooped up four groundballs and caused two turnovers.
- Daniel Rivie (Ossining, N.Y.) had an assist in the game for the Wildcats. He caused a game high four turnovers and scooped up three groundballs.
- Jared Laird (Ontario, N.Y.) made 14 saves in the game to earn his eighth win of the season.
- Brady Hoose had a team high three points for the Express. He scored two goals and had an assist.
- Tanner Mingen had a game high 11 groundballs and scored a goal for Wells. He also caused a turnover.
The Wildcats will hit the road for a weekend matchup with NEAC foe Medaille. The game is scheduled for a 12:00 start on Saturday, April 21st. The Wildcats are 11-4 all-time against the Mavericks.