Marcy, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's lacrosse team 7-1, (2-1 NEAC) earned a big win over the Fighting Tigers of SUNY Cobleskill on Saturday, earning their seventh win of the season to become the winningest team in the history of SUNY Poly men's lacrosse. The final score of the game was 15-6.
The Wildcats took control of the game early and did not let up, scoring nine of their fifteen goals in the first half. SUNY Poly would finish just as strong as they started; allowing only six goals in the game to secure the 15-6 win.
- Wildcat goalie Jared Laird (Ontario, N.Y.) had five saves in the game to earn his seventh victory of the season. Jared is now the single season wins record holder for the Wildcats and is just four wins behind the career wins record in just his first year at SUNY Poly.
- Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) finished with seven points on a goal and six assists. He also picked up four ground balls. He now holds the team points lead with 31 so far this season.
- Devin Roes (Lowville, N.Y.) had five goals for the Wildcats. Roes picked up six ground balls and had three caused turnovers.
- Daniel Rivie (Ossing, N.Y.) finished with three goals and an assist for the Wildcats.
- Charlie Rosaschi (Central Valley, N.Y.) had two goals and two assists to bring his season points total to 29.
- Jeremy Mowrey had two goals and two assists for the Fighting Tigers.
- Goalkeeper Willie Wilson finished with 10 saves for SUNY Cobleskill.
The Wildcats will travel across town to take on the Pioneers of Utica College on Wednesday, April 11th. The game is scheduled for a 4:00 PM start at Utica's LaValle Stadium. The Wildcats have yet to beat the Pioneers in 10 attempts.