CANTON, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's lacrosse team (4-0) earned a great win on the road over the SUNY Canton Kangaroos (5-2). While SUNY Poly was ahead for 50 minutes of the game, the Roos were never far off the Wildcats lead, which was three goals at its highest point. The final score of the game was 10-7.
The Wildcats fought their way ahead in the first quarter, scoring three of the first four goals of the game. The scoring was split in the second 2-2, giving the Wildcats a 5-3 lead heading into the locker room at half. The two teams kept battling back-and-forth into the late minutes of the second half, but two goals in the last two minutes iced the game. The win gives the Wildcats a 4-0 record in 2018, continuing to add to what has been the best start in program history.
Leading by a single goal with just under five minutes to go, The Wildcats netted two insurance goals to give their defense a little breathing room down the stretch. Noah Garrett (New Hartford, N.Y.) pushed the lead to two at the 2:04 mark with an unassisted goal. Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) would strike for the Wildcats just over a minute later to give the Wildcats a three goal lead, putting the game out of reach.
- Ryan Mead (Churchville, N.Y.) had another fantastic showing in the faceoff circle for the Wildcats. The freshman won 14 of 19 at the X and had a game high nine groundballs.
- Edward Rosaschi had a team high four points on four goals. Eddie now has 14 points this season. He also had seven groundballs in the game.
- Charles Rosaschi (Central Valley, N.Y.) had three points in the game. He scored two goals and dished out an assist. He also had eight groundballs in the game.
- Daniel Rivie (Ossining, N.Y.) netted a pair of goals in the win and scooped up seven groundballs.
- Jared Laird (Ontario, N.Y.) improved to 4-0 in goal for the 'Cats. He made 14 saves on 21 shots faced.
- Noah Garrett scored his third goal of the season in the game. He also scooped up his first groundball of the season.
- Braxton Evans-Murphy (Auburn, N.Y.) had a team high two caused turnovers for the Wildcats. He also had two groundballs.
- Trenton Yule led the way for the Roos. He had four points on three goals and an assist.
- Dante Coco and Josh Yelvington each scored a pair of goals for Canton.
- Canton's Brandon Schmidt had a game high four caused turnovers.
- Kody Kocsis was on the losing side of the goalie decisions. He made 15 saves on 25 shots.
The Wildcats will travel to North Eastern Athletic Conference rival Cazenovia College on Wednesday for the first conference game of the season. The game is scheduled for a 4:00 PM start at Cazenovia's Christakos Field. The Wildcats last win over Cazenovia was in 2013 when the team won 9-5 at home.