ALFRED, N.Y. - The SUNY Poly men's lacrosse team improved to 2-0 on Sunday with a 14-8 win over Alfred State. The Wildcats got off to a hot start, taking an early lead in the first quarter. The Pioneers would try to mount a comeback, but the Wildcats would hold them at-bay to start a season 2-0 for the first time in program history.
Alfred State scored the first goal just 45 seconds into the game to take what would be their only lead of the game. The Wildcats took control of the game early and in convincing fashion by rattling off eight unanswered goals to take an 8-1 lead. The lead would hold up for the remainder of the game, ending in a Wildcat win.
- Charles Rosaschi (Central Valley, N.Y.) had five points for the Wildcats on four goals and an assist. He now has a team high 10 points this season. Charlie also scooped up three ground balls and caused a turnover.
- Edward Rosaschi (Highland Mills, N.Y.) had a team high six points. The sophomore dished out five assists and scored a goal.
- Chase LaCava (Jamesville, N.Y.) netted three goals in the game. He also tied a game high with six groundballs.
- Jared Laird (Ontario, N.Y.) earned the win in goal for the Wildcats. The freshman had 14 saves on 22 shots.
- Daniel Rivie (Ossining, N.Y.) had two goals, three groundballs, and a caused turnover in the game.
- Devin Roes (Lowville, N.Y.) had two goals in the game bringing his season total to four.
- Ryan Mead (Churchville, N.Y.) scored his first collegiate goal in the game. He also picked up six groundballs.
- Jason Crandall (Scotia, N.Y.) also scored his first career goal.
- Cole Reuben and Branden Dickson each had a pair of goals in the game for the Pioneers.
- Scott Fingar had a game high four caused turnovers for Alfred State.
- Nate Gardner was the losing goalie in the game. He made two saves and allowed seven goals in just under 12 minutes of play.
The Wildcats will have a few days off before returning to action on Wednesday, March 21st at Houghton. The game is scheduled for a 7:00 PM start. The meeting between the Wildcats and the Highlanders will be the first