MARCY, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's basketball team beat Penn St. Abington on Saturday at home 76-60, securing their seventh North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win of the season. The Wildcats got out to a solid start, taking an eight point lead into the locker room at the half. They would double their lead in the second half to secure the win, improving to 10-12 on the season.
- Redell Freeman (Rochester, N.Y.) scored a game high 23 points in the win. He shot just shy of 50% from the field and hit four of eight shots from three point range. Freeman also had five assists and seven rebounds in the game.
- Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.) scored 20 points and grabbed six rebounds in the game. The sophomore has now scored 20 or more points in 11 games this season.
- Malik Johnson (Highland Falls, N.Y.) had a solid game. He scored 15 points on five of nine shooting and pulled down three rebounds.
- Peyton Griffiths (Milford, N.Y.) rounded out the notable scorers for the Wildcats. The senior scored 11 points, had six rebounds, and three assists.
- Jay Fitzgerald had a team high 16 points Abington. He also had a team high three assists.
- John Ryan was the only other Nittany Lion with a double digit point total. He scored 10 points and had six rebounds.
The Wildcats will host their annual Senior Day game on Sunday. The Wildcats will face off with St. Elizabeth in the game. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:00 PM at SUNY Poly's Campus Center Gym. There will be a small ceremony before the game, honoring the five seniors on this year's Wildcat basketball team.