CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – The SUNY Poly men's basketball team beat Cazenovia on Friday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game. The 'Cats played a great first half, holding Cazenovia to under 30% shooting, allowing just 27 points. The Wildcats would emerge from the first with a 14 point lead. The defense held strong again in the second to seal the deal. The final score was 70-56.
- The Wildcats had five players score in the double digits. The team also held Cazenovia to a 28.2% field goal percentage.
- Jake Kulakowski (Brewerton, N.Y.) had a team high 16 points for the Wildcats. He shot 50% from the field, including two three-pointers. Jake also had 10 rebounds to record his first double-double of the season.
- Peyton Griffiths (Milford, N.Y.) scored 15 points for SUNY Poly. The senior had two rebounds, two assists, two steals, and a block.
- Redell Freeman (Rochester, N.Y.) also recorded a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. He had a team high four assists and a team high three steals.
- Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.) and Tyshaun Copper (Brooklyn, N.Y.) rounded out the double digit performances for the Wildcats with 12 and 10 points respectively.
- Will Cutter led Cazenovia with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
- Blake Bagozzi had 12 points and four rebounds for Cazenovia.
The Wildcats will take on Morrisville State in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game. The game will take place on Wednesday, January 23rd at 7:00 PM. The last meeting between these two teams was a double OT win for Morrisville 91-89.