OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Wildcat men's basketball team lost in the Championship game of the Max Ziel Tournament on Saturday to host Oswego State. The Wildcats had a tough first half and were outscored by the Lakers by 20 points. The deficit that was set in the first was too much to overcome, and Oswego's high powered offense kept scoring leading to a 93-65 final score.
- Josh Gregory (Whitesboro, N.Y.) had another solid game for the Wildcats. He recorded 20 points for the second consecutive game. His efforts in the two games this weekend led to an All-Tournament Team Selection.
- Redell Freeman (Rochester, N.Y.) scored 14 points, had three assists, two steals, and four rebounds.
- Peyton Griffiths (Milford, N.Y.) had 10 points, a rebound, and an assist.
- Oswego had five players with double digit point totals. Quinn Carey scored a team high 20 points.
- The Lakers out rebounded the Wildcats 43-20 in the game and hit an outrageous 16 three pointers in the game (42%)
The Wildcats will travel across town to take on rival Utica College in a non-conference game. The game will tip-off at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, November 20th. The Wildcats are 6-4 in the last 10 meetings between the two teams and are riding a two game winning streak entering the game with the Pioneers.